Glamping at Mendocino Grove
Spend the last weekend in August with your SHMS friends enjoying the magic of the great outdoors, sharing stories around the campfire and sleeping under the stars in a cozy bed with down comforters and crisp linens. This is Glamping!
This special family Buy-A-Spot takes place Friday, August 25 – Sunday, August 27, 2017 and includes:
· 2 nights of accommodation in a spacious safari tent which is elevated on a wooden platform with porch and outfitted with real beds and linens, leather butterfly chairs, solar-powered lights, gourmet coffeemakers, hot water bottles, and other amenities.
· Continental breakfast - favorites like baguettes from nearby Café Beaujolais, local jams, cheeses, yogurt, seasonal produce, and hard-boiled eggs will be served daily along with fresh brewed coffee and a selection of teas.
· Community Dinner – SHMS parents, and talented Chefs, David & Mimi Katz, will prepare a special grilled feast paired with a selection of SHMS family wines on Saturday night. The festivities will kick off with treats from Panevino followed by a family style meal served by candlelight in the campground’s Meadow.
· Campers can join a nature hike with a local naturalist who will offer a guided morning walk
· Finish your day of activities unwinding in thecampground’sEuropean wood-burning sauna, which can accommodate up to eight people and is available to campers by sign-up.
Classic Tents $1,000 – 15 spots available
These roomy 12' x 14' canvas tents comfortably sleep a family of 4 or two adults. Classic tents are furnished with a queen bed and one or two twin cots each made up with down comforters, cotton linens and high quality pillows.
Family Tents $1,500 – 5 spots available
These roomy 16 x 20' canvas tents can comfortably sleep a family of 6 or four adults. Family tents are furnished with a queen bed and either two twins or 2 sets of bunk beds. Beds are made up with down comforters, cotton linens and high quality pillows.
Days off from school….kids wondering what to do….we have options!
Pizza Cooking Class with Panevino
Drop your kids off at the barn on this school holiday for a pizza-making extravaganza with SHMS parents and Chefs Mimi and David Katz of Panevino. They will roll out their dough and make personal pizzas with a selection of healthy toppings. The group will snack on yummy Panevino Grissini as they wait for their pizzas to bake and then enjoy one of their creations for lunch. The plan is to box a second one up to take home, but we can’t promise there will be leftovers!
Restrictions: Open to St. Helena Montessori students, ages 5+.
Children’s Theater Workshop
Drama, Drama, Drama! On this day off from school, come spend 3 dramatic hours with Cafeteria Kids Theater where the children will play improvisational games, learn elements of theater, and perform a short show for friends and family at the end of their time together. Led by professionally trained actors, and the producers of local theatrical hits Willy Wonka and Peter Pan, this workshop is guaranteed to make you laugh, make you yell, and experience what it is like to be a comedic actor!
Restrictions: Open to St. Helena Montessori Students, Ages 7+.
Spend this afternoon off from school getting ready for summer on the courts! Join local tennis pro and instructor, Dave Zamarripa and his team, for an afternoon tennis clinic at the Crane Park Tennis Courts. This will include warm ups, instruction and a variety of games, drills and match play. The group will build skills while having a whole lot of fun! Just bring your racket, we’ll provide the snacks and drinks.
Restrictions: Open to St. Helena Montessori Students, Ages 7+.
Spring Fling in the Barn
Take the evening off! Drop your kids off at the Barn for a night of food and fun with the St.
Helena Montessori School Staff. Activities will include spring themed games, arts and crafts, storytelling, guitar playing, singing and dancing. A family style dinner will be served. As an added bonus, tired kiddos are sure to be ready for bed at the end of the event!
Restrictions: Open to St. Helena Montessori School Students.
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
Spin and Juice
Start your day with a one hour energizing indoor cycling class taught by master spin instructor and Hive proprietor, Carolyn (CJ) Butler. This class is a fun and challenging cardiovascular workout for all ages and fitness levels. If you are a regular at spin, you know why CJ’s lively classes develop a cult following! If you are new to spin, you will find all levels are welcome and once you start peddling the bike, the motivating music will take care of the rest. After class we will enjoy a special recovery protein breakfast treat and fresh pressed juice from Crisp Kitchen & Juice. The perfect combination to kick off your Sunday!
Restrictions: This event is open to spinners ages 16+
Pilates in the Vineyard
Enjoy a beautiful, invigorating morning together in this special Pilates class with a view! The class will be led by SHMS mom and certified Pilatesinstructor extraordinaire, Denise Henquet, in a stunning outdoor vineyard setting at the home of SHMS mom, Boo Beckstoffer. All levels are welcome, as these low impact, yet highly energizing exercises are designed to align, lengthen and strengthen the body. After class, enjoy light refreshments and prize drawings! That’s right, we have fabulous prizes for a few lucky winners including:
· A one month unlimited class pass to DWS concept where you can continue Pilates with Denise and try other classes
· A customized in home massage by Meadowood therapist, Teanna Whited
· Enhance your workout style with a gift card from Lululemon
Your spot enters you into a raffle to win one of these gifts that will keep you looking good and feeling great!
Produce Box Membership
Farm fresh and local! Fill your kitchen with fresh seasonal organic produce from the St. Helena Montessori School Farm. A bi-monthly box which includes a beautiful assortment of vegetables, herbs, fruit and flowers will be waiting for you at pick up for 6 months of the year! These 12 boxes start in May with spring selections, continue with summer’s bounty and finish in October with the fall harvest. You will be able to pick up your box every other week at the Barn and enjoy the fruits of our students’ labor of love!